Tuesday 24 June 2014

Evaluation

Our group performed the chosen extract of “Look back in anger” yesterday, I believe the performance over all was a success and we were able to perform the scripted naturalistic piece in the way it was intended. One thing we did particularly well as a group was acting natural and not over act the extract witch, this was an intended feature to the performance and contributed greatly to the extracts overall success. Even though the performance was a success in my opinion, one thing that went particularly wrong was the over pace of the performance, the extract appeared to be slightly rushed throughout witch affected different elements such as stage presence and pronunciation. I believe that interaction with each other and relationship between characters could have been improved because I don’t think the characters involved had I clear enough rapport. One thing I believe I did particularly well was conveying Jimmy’s build up in emotion throughout the extract slowly, which had shown my clear understanding of my character and the Stanislavski techniques used, I also believe that my presence on stage was strong conveying Jimmy’s arrogance and power in the performance, again these elements contributed to the overall success of the performance. Unfortunately one thing that went wrong in my performance was my pronunciation of particular words witch did not help me to covey that Jimmy was educated. Also I believe I could have improved on my contrast from calm to aggressive movement, even though the build-up of irritation I believe that I could use my body to make this clearer. Performing “Look back in anger” has taught me how to apply naturalistic acting and Stanislavski techniques to my performance and I have found the experience to be challenging and useful for future performances with this course.

1 comment:

  1. That is natural because anger episodes can be intense and make it feel like there is no solution. You may be thinking that Ten Tips For Anger Management may sound too good to be true.anger evaluation

    ReplyDelete