Saturday 21 June 2014

Motivation


Motivation is another technique Stanislavski created to be part of the system, this technique requires actors to ask themselves their characters reason for behaving a certain way or doing certain things, in other words what motivates a character to perform the actions shown. Stanislavski believed that “an actor was influenced by either there mind or their emotion to stimulate their actions and the actor's motivation was their subconscious will to perform those actions” Motivation has also described as looking into the past of a character to find out way a character has carried out a physical action. In a session on this particular technique my tutor used me in a demonstration, in this demonstration he placed a letter on the ground in an envelope, then he turned to me and said "I want you to imagine that this letter says that I have been accepted into the Royal Academy of Dramatic art and I want you to leave with the same emotion", as I opened the letter I smiled with extreme joy placing left hand around my month area with shock, I then ran off stage to express my characters excitement, My characters motivation during this exercise was his acceptance into a Drama school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment